Thorlux Industrial Light. Grey Enamel Pendant Factory Light
Thorlux Industrial Light. Grey Enamel Pendant Factory Lighting.
Another great industrial Thorlux light design that we think is a particularly good example of 20th century industrial pendant lighting. The Thorlux factory has been going strong and innovating ever since it was set up in Birmingham in 1936 and subsequently Thorlux now make modern designs such as their zero upward light floodlight to help retain our dark skies but lead the way forward clearly.
Originally, these Thorlux lights were hung in an American airforce base in Milton Keynes. Over many years thick layers dirt and grime accumulated to such an extent that we couldn’t see the original colour. Following an extensive clean up process we managed to return the lights to their former glory and after that we removed the original ballast to allow for easier cabling. Altogether a top quality lighting design due to them being specifically made for an industrial setting.
This particular spun aluminium shade is a beautiful shape and soft grey colour. We also stripped this set of lights of their old electrical wiring for the purpose of accommodating modern wiring and bulb fitting.
The lights are heavy at around 6kg and will need to be fitting to a substantial ceiling brace or beam. Each light comes with a chain fixing, galvanised ceiling rose and hook fitting. We supply a length of chain according to the measurements you supply.
- E27 standard screw fitting
- strong ceiling brace required as each light weighs 6kg
- ideal for high ceilings and period properties
- of historical importance as this design is rare in this condition
- industrial galvanised ceiling rose supplied with hook
- contact us with your total drop length – chain supplied and charged accordingly
- We recommend you use a fully qualified electrician to install the lights.
£495.00 inc VAT
16 in stock